Why Elderly People Should Not Drive

In modern day America we see the rise in accidents, and traffic fatalities all over the country. Although most of the accidents and  traffic fatalities have been caused by speed, and alcohol abuse there are also a lot of accidents that are caused by elderly drivers. Almost half the states in the country have passed some form of elderly driving restrictions. When i am on the road I see how these elderly drivers act, constantly being unaware of there surroundings. Almost every elderly driver I have seen behind the wheel has had there face two inches from the steering wheel, proving they cant see very well. " Drivers over age 75 had a higher rate of fatal accidents nationwide in 2001 and 2002 than any age group except for teenagers, according to the  Insurance Institute for Highway Safety."

Elderly drivers

Elderly drivers

I feel that every driver over 65 should have to undergo an evaluation of there eye sight, driving skills, and there reaction time. This may able us to cut down on elderly driving accidents. If they are not able to pass the tests they shouldn't be able to operate a vehicle and in danger not only there lives, but others as well. In my home town over the past three years there has been 4 accidents with elderly drives two which were fatal for both of the cars involved.

9 thoughts on “Why Elderly People Should Not Drive

1. I totally agree. I think at some point they should have to eithr give up their license or pass another driving test. Ive seen alot of crazy old drivers on the road. They will almost cause and accident and have no idea they even did it.

2. Hey There Cpmailloux,
    Thanks you for your post, Elderly Everyday people must have to preserve their mind energetic and keep notify so that their mind electrical power stays potent. It is like that stating that I have heard from my late Grandma a declaring that she thought in - "Use It or Reduce It". So if you continue to be lively in the thoughts and the shape then you will are living a total everyday living. When you begin the process of to stand nonetheless and have no hobbies to hold your intellect sharp then you will shortly believe the outcomes, that is why it is so indispensable to get 5 Interesting Actions For Aged Human beings.
    Thanks
    Brianny at high paid traffic academy

3. היי האם אתם יודעים שמומלץ להתקשר ל מאמן כושר אישי, מאמן כושר אישי, מגיע/ה אליך 3 פעמים בשבוע. מומלץ לפעילות גופנית, בונה לך תוכנית כושר אישית שמתאימה לך למטרה שלך

4. מגוון רחב של ויטמינים, תוספי תזונה ברזל, מגה גלופקס ועוד..

5. After I originally commented I appear to have clicked the -Notify me when new
    comments are added- checkbox and from now on every time a comment is added I recieve four emails with the exact same
    comment. Perhaps there is an easy method you can remove me from
    that service? Kudos!

6. hello there and thank you for your info – I've certainly picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise several technical points using this website, since I experienced to reload the web site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my email and could look out for a lot more of your respective interesting content. Make sure you update this again soon.

7. I just like thе helрful info you ѕupplу to your articles.
    I'll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I'm
    quite sure I will be told many new stuff рropеr
    гight here! Best of luck fоr the neхt!

8. It appears you really fully understand a lot about this issue and it all exhibits thru this posting, given the name “Why Elderly People Should Not Drive | cpmailloux”.
    Thank you -Karen